Japan Day @ Central Park 2008
June 1st, 2008 (Sunday)
Part One: Japan Run (4 mile run) 8:00am / Kid’s Run 9:30am
Part Two: Japan Day Festival 10:00am to 5:00pm
East Meadow, Central Park (Main entrance at 99th St.& 5th Ave.
- Consul General & Ambassador, Consulate-General of Japan in New York
- President and CEO, Sumitomo Corporation of America
- Total Registration #: 3,571
- Total Finisher #: 2,494
- Kid’s Run #: 239
- Guest Runner : Ms. Reiko Tosa
- Pre-Performance: Lion Dance by Soh Daiko
Host : Sandra Endo
Total of 14 Performer Groups
Katherine and Kimberly Corp, Emi Ikehata, Soh Daiko, Yosakoi Kids Project in collaboration with North East Council of Teachers of Japanese and Yosakoi Dance Project 10tecomai, Samurai Sword Soul, Cobu, Kenichi Ebina, Kyokushin Karate, Leonard Eto, Manolo Badrena, Gaijin a Go-Go, Happyfunsmile, Halcali*, Shota Shimizu* (* Guest Artists)
- CURRY provided by Go Go Curry
- GYOZA DUMPLING provided by Ajinomoto North America, Inc.
- GYUDON OVER RICE provided by Ajinomoto North America, Inc.
- MABO TOFU DON provided by House Foods America Corporation
- SANUKI UDON NOODLE provided by Sanuki Project
- TEA provided by ITO EN North America INC.
- CALLIGRAPHY provided by The Japanese American Association of New York
- Curly Willow & Bamboo Spring Arrangement provided by Kimie Miyamoto, Flora Design,Inc.
- GO Workshop provided by NY Go Center
- KABUKI FACE PAINTING provided by Northeast Council of Teachers of Japanese
- Hello Kitty provided by Sanrio Co.,LTD.
- Kid’s ISO 14000 workshop provided by Casio America,Inc.
- Kimono Workshop provided by Sakura Kimono Koubou Inc.
- Origami Workshop provided by Toshiko Kobayashi & Tatsuo Yasuda
- Real Humanoid Robot, Actroid provided by Kokorp Company,LTD.
- Robot Battle Workshop provided by Dr. Robot Inc.
- Shogi Workshop provided by New York Shogi Club
- Wellness Check Up provided by Japanese Medical Support Network, JAMSNET
- Yo Yo Fishing provided by Japan Society
Japan Day 2008 Recap Video
Japan Day 2008 Photo Album